Sunday 17 August 2008

Ravens know best


Well, back to work now. But at least it's something I love. I'm switching between 'older', 'tougher' novels and a new younger series I've started, called The Raven Mysteries, a spooky set of adventures set in and around Otherhand Castle, and all narrated by the castle's guardian, the trusty, if flea-bitten, old raven called Edgar.

I've just started number II, and it' a real joy to have something light and loose like this to write, especially after wading through the grimness of Revolver for the last year or so, enjoyable though that was in its own way.

It's also interesting for me, for the first time, to be working with an illustrator on something I've written - Pete Williamson is coming up with wonderful stuff like this, and I can't wait to see the finished books.

No comments: